Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So many questions

             
fun times on fun day
I'm really not good at this am i? Sorry guys. I guess it honestly only has been like 2 weeks since i last posted but it feels like centuries in my world!
Today is monday. Beginning of my fourth week.  Second week with Troy Sherman as our speaker. A little summary of lectures so far:
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.
That's how i feel about life right now. and myself. and Jesus. and anything that i've been taught about my faith until this point. My world has been rocked.
Just a few questions that are constantly roaming through my brain now (and probably will go through yours too):
Where do we honestly get our belief system?
Why do we close our eyes when we pray? It never said ONCE in the Bible to please bow your heads and close your eyes when you pray.
Why is a church service so programmed?
If Jesus said that, even if I served Him my entire life with my entire heart, I wouldn't get into heaven, would I continue to follow Him?
Just some things to ponder. I am now constantly haunted by these questions. and plenty more.
This upcoming weekend is Bible weekend. We're not entirely sure what that means yet, but i'm thinking we're gonna be reading a rather large section of the Bible! I think it'll be fun actually. I'm a nerd when it comes to reading though. haha!
I cannot believe how fast time is going here. This is already my FOURTH week! It feels like i've been here forever on some levels but also like i literally just got here.
I've figured out that i'm AWFUL at taking pictures. But thankfully there's a photography track here that will just take a million pictures in place of the ones that i'm not taking! haha!
Pismo pier


We found out an average of what the plane tkts will cost for outreach. 1,584. Incredibly cheap for going to TWO countries.  However, i still don't have the money. haha. i know that God's got it. i'll be sending out support letters soon just to give everyone a new update of what's going on. Please comment or message me on Facebook with your address if you want to recieve one!
Alrighty, i'm gonna sign out friends! thanks for all the prayers and support!

~Allie~

No comments:

Post a Comment