Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I've been thinking this past week. That I honestly can't say that I know who I am, really. But, I'm learning more and more. Troy, our speaker last week, was saying that every single person is called to disciple the nations. So if we don't know what specifically God is calling to us to do with our lives, then that's what we do. Because no matter what your calling is, God has called everyone to go and disciple the nations. We get so caught up in asking God what we should do, what he wants us to do, what our calling is..etc. That we lose the big picture of what living as a christian is truly about. And that, according to my small opinion is this:
To love God, others and self. To disciple. To serve others around you. To be humble. To LOVE. We are called to LOVE.

I've heard that my entire life. To love your neighbor as yourself. But it has never really hit me as hard as it has this week. We are called to love murderers. People who have hurt us deeply. Rapists. Really? Jesus wants us love these people. With his perfect love. It sounds so simple. In theory, it is so simple. Love. That's all. But when you think about it in the big picture sense, it's so hard. How are we supposed to love people with bitterness in their hearts? With pain and anger towards the world? So hurt that they hurt others? These are the people that we're called to love with God's perfect love. And it's only with Jesus living inside of us that we can do that. I know this sounds like baby christian stuff. But it has never hit me so hard until today. It is honestly all about love! Yeesh. I love revelations like this.

Just a little view from Silence and Solitude day

We had silence and solitude yesterday. Such a good day. We went to a near by state park called Montana De Oro. I walked along the bluffs the whole time. Every once in awhile i'd find a cool place to stop and just write in my journal and read my bible. But most of the time it was just walking along, hanging out with Jesus. I never take the time to do this in my normal life. It was an incredible time. It was so BEAUTIFUL too.

So anyway. That's a little peek into my head this week. I love you all! 
~allie~

No comments:

Post a Comment