Sunday, September 16, 2012

Africa Bound!

Newest update! 
This past week we as a school prayed about where God wants to send us on outreach. It was decided that there'd be 3 different teams, (Philip, Audrey and Paula as leaders). So we all prayed. Some of us got some super random stuff from God. Like a toaster. Baha!. As the week went on the anticipation rose among us, trying to figure out what teams we'd be on and where we'd be going. On friday the staff prayed together and finally announced to us that 2 teams would be off to East Africa and one team would be going to Nicaragua. We all went off on our own and prayed about where to go and which team to be on.
I know the suspense is killing you all.
To finish my story off, I went off and prayed. Really just danced around like a maniac and told God that I really wanted to go to Africa but wherever He sent me was where I would go.
...
God told me Africa. :)
I am super super excited. I have felt such a draw to Africa ever since I knew i was going to do a DTS and even before that. There's even more! The school leaders really feel like we all need to meet up in Nicaragua at some point, so i'll actually get to go to Africa AND Nicaragua! Ha! So cool!!

   Now that the exciting news has been said, i'll move onto other happenings. Tomorrow lectures start for real! This next week the theme of our week is Discipleship. I'm so excited to experience my first real week. Tomorrow morning is Monday so we'll have worship and intercession at a church that lets us use their space. I've only had one other Monday here but so far i'm loving the Mondays! Which a nice change, usually Mondays are not the greatest. 
That's all i've got for now. I love you all!

*Psalm 100
Just a little chapter i especially love this week. Audrey gave a very thought provoking message on worship this week and that chapter stood out to me.
~allie~

No comments:

Post a Comment